Updated: Nov 22
This position has now been filled.
We are looking for an experienced charity Finance Officer to join our team. Offered on a part time basis of 16 to 17 hours per month (or 4 hours a week). The role is offered on a hybrid basis with at least one half day a month in our office in Gussage St Michael, Wimborne. Working alongside the CEO you will offer support in all aspects of charity finance management. Including monthly duties in payroll and P&L reports.
Hours: 4 hours per week (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)
Contract: fixed term contract to March 2025
Reporting to: CEO
Base: Hybrid working with at least one half day per month in Gussage St Michael, Wimborne, Dorset
About ACTS FAST
ACTS FAST supports non-abusing parents and carers of children who have been sexually abused and partners of individuals who have downloaded indecent images of children (IIOC).
Purpose of the Role
To provide support to the CEO in their role concerning all aspects of financial management. To give monthly updates on accounting and ensure accurate financial record keeping.
· To work with the CEO to produce quarterly reports for the Trustee Board
· Recording & reconciliation of income and expenditure in Xero
· Support with Bids
· Process staff and volunteer expenses claims
· Work with the CEO to make bank payments
· Reconciliation of Petty Cash
· Produce monthly P & L report showing all grants
· Produce financial reports for scheduled funding reports
· Attend regular line management meetings with the CEO
· Promote an inclusive environment and work within ACTS FAST Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy
· Work collaboratively with the team and external partners to reach the aims and objectives of ACTS FAST
Skills and Experience
· Experience of charity finance particularly restricted funding
· Xero certified preferable.
· AAT Qualified
· Be able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
· Good knowledge of I.T applications including Word, Office 365 and data entry systems
· Ability to manage own administration tasks.
· Ability to prioritise and manage own case load.
· Ability to demonstrate high degree of self-awareness.
· Knowledge of own strengths and areas for development
· Team player willing to give and receive feedback for the development of the team.
· Willingness to develop own knowledge and understanding by attending training and team events.
· Enthusiasm for the work to improve the lives and outcomes of family members who have been impacted by sexual trauma.
· To complete an enhanced DBS check
· To complete the ACTS FAST trauma support induction training
As a trauma informed organisation ACTS FAST values the well being of all team members. You will be invited to join our team meetings and contribute to strategic planning days. We are a small and supportive team. We are looking for someone to support us on our journey as we develop the role of ACTS FAST as a specialist service in the sector.
For more information about the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a telephone call.